We are looking for a seasoned Business Application Manager to drive the business application strategy and portfolio. The candidate will lead team members and partners in the design, delivery and support of solutions across a wide range of services, including but not limited to retail and fuel, hospitality, leisure, catering, supply chain, e-commerce, child care, construction and financial management, etc.
- Responsible for business application IT strategy, application portfolio management and value creation.
- Provide direct oversight of the delivery of enterprise software solutions and services for all enterprise applications.
- Plans and manages the development of new systems and the life cycle management of all MCCS systems, including requirements gathering and definition, analysis, design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Proactively engage with key business and functional personnel to resolve system issues and opportunities for improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works with business users and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve system issues.
- Coordinates and collaborates with network, web, database, integration services, cyber security and related personnel as required to achieve the best business application solutions.
- Supervises IT staff to include assignment, distribution and evaluation of work; coaching, advising, tutoring and mentoring of employees
- Guides and oversees the physical and logical architecture, design, implementation and administration of enterprise applications and tools.
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate technologies, tools and methods for data management, business applications and reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field and ten years of previous experience as a Senior Business Analyst, Senior Systems Analyst, Senior Program Analyst OR an appropriate combination of education and experience that demonstrates knowledge and skills equivalent to those acquired above.
- Proven ability to understand and navigate organizational politics. Significant experience with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Project Server is essential.
- Program management experience is a plus. Strong analytical and reporting skills are required. Experience managing large development teams and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) in a large organization required.
- This high-visibility position requires proven expertise in building and leading teams. The successful candidate will be an effective leader and communicator who has the ability to take charge and inspire with a compelling vision.
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple task assignments. Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint). Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment. Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Experience in providing supervisory support to the development team. Must have the experience and ability to supervise others.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing large-scale centralized application solutions.
- Technical computer systems support experience preferred in a LINUS/UNIX/SQL Server environment. Knowledge of Oracle relational databases, SQL, Korn Shell Scripting and TCP/IP communications preferred.
- As an authorized and privileged user of Department of Defense information systems, must possess or receive information assurance awareness by completing Security+ certification as a condition of access within six months of employment, and must then undergo annual information assurance awareness training.
- Eligible for progressive telecommuting as determined by MR/MF policy.